Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Starting at the end

 I evidently picked up Yasmine Galenorn's Night's End at a library sale, and recently decided to read it. 

Problem being, that its the last book in a five book series, and therefore, while I was engaged, I also was missing much of the story. 

We open on Queen Cicely, newly crowned Queen of Winter, married to a member of the Summer Court, as she prepares for final battle against Myst, a winter fey who also happens to have been turned into a vampire. Essentially Myst wanted to be queen, wasn't going to be, so she plotted with a vampire to gain power and ended up forming the Indigo court. At some point, Cicely, in a past life, was Myst's daughter, and her now current husband was there as well...they made a pact somewhere along the line to reincarnate together and get their happy ending. 

Anyway, most of the book is the invasion of the Indigo court as they try to kill off the vampires and bring Fimbulwinter to the world.

Most of the characters wind up making pacts that lead to major changes in their lives; again, since I hadn't read the preceding chapters, I can't say how much this matters honestly.

I enjoyed it, but I imagine if I go back and read the other 4, it will make a bunch more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment