Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Better Out Than In

I normally enjoy Ramsey Campbell, but I find myself at odds with Think Yourself Lucky.

I mean, the general premise holds up, milquetoast David goes out of his way not to rock th eboat or cause problems, but someone is writing a blog about the things he's keeping hidden under a title he chose and under the name of his imaginary friend.

Unfortunately, this is pretty much the plot. We follow David around as he works at his horrible job with his ex as his boss, we read blog posts where someone makes it seem like they're killing people who have hurt David. The ending itself makes absolutely no sense, and we're never really sure how real Lucky is.

Campbell has better books, I'd suggest reading one of them over this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment